Wednesday, December 24, 2008

WOLVERINE! THE MOVIE



The picture on the left above comes from this FLICKR page.


"I'm the best at what I do. But what I do isn't very nice." - Logan/Wolverine, describing his amazing ability to... (GULP!) kill.

Since I was a kid I've envied Logan and his SNIKT! claws. He is the hero we love because despite his innate goodness he is capable of killing. Cathartically we love how he takes on human garbage at their level.
When I heard they were making a movie I was disappointed to find out that Dougray Scott had gotten the job. He felt to clean cut for me. Luckily for the then relatively unknown Hugh Jackman (and future Jackman fans) Scott got tangled up busy shooting MISSION IMPOSSIBLE 2 and had to leave the project. In steps Hugh. At 6 foot 3 he was even bigger than the 6 foot Scott. I wondered how they would get him to look like the little scrapper that Logan is in the comics. After all, according to the Marvel Comic Universe is supposed to be only 5'3".

Anyway... the movie is slated to hit the screens on May 1, 2009. Check out the trailer below and visit the WOLVERINE blog for more info!

No comments:

Post a Comment